Join me for the next five weeks as we read and study together the Book of Proverbs.
Our main objectives for the Bible Study are as follows:
- To get to read the Bible, God’s written word for ourselves.
- To learn and improve on our ability to hear from God through His word by the help of the Holy Spirit.
- To discover the truth of God’s word and apply it in our everyday life.
- To build our faith and confidence in God’s word and be confident to share with others who may need to know.
Read Proverbs 1 to 5
Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
The purpose of the Book of Proverbs (Proverbs 1:1-6)
- To teach wisdom and discipline
- To give knowledge and good judgement
- To teach us to live disciplined and successful lives
- To help us in making right and honest decisions
- Will teach young and old, rich and poor. The truth applies to everyone.
Trust in God and ask Him for guidance in all you do
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Wisdom will keep you from troubles and deceit.
Proverbs 2:12 Wisdom will save you from evil people, from those whose words are twisted.
Honor the Lord with your what you have.
Proverbs 3:9 Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.
Proverbs 3:27-28 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it when it’s in your power to help them. If you can help your neighbor now, don’t say, “Come back tomorrow, and then I’ll help you.”
Proverbs 1:19 Such is the fate of all who are greedy for money; it robs them of life.
Nothing you do is hidden from God
Proverbs 5:21 For the Lord sees clearly what a man does, examining every path he takes.
The Book of Proverbs is loaded with wisdom and there is so much to learn to help in our daily living. What truth have you discovered from your personal study of the Book of Proverbs?